N-able is the leading global provider of complete IT management and Automation solutions for Managed Service Providers (MSPs). Due to exceptional ongoing growth, N-able is seeking a Software Engineering Manager in our Edinburgh team to join us on our exciting journey! Our vision is to enable the digital evolution of small and medium size businesses. We believe that by putting our People, Partners and Products first that we will be able to continue the growth of our business.
N-able supports IT solutions providers with the performance, protection, and partnership to drive their clients and their business forward. We are passionate that the MSPs who use our products everyday should be excited about them. That's why we put our users first in everything we do and strive to deliver powerful functionality while making their jobs easier.
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. We are looking for a passionate Engineering Manager to join us, leading a team that is responsible for building our Apple Device Management product.
- Drive a distributed team of developers and QA, towards the culture of continuous improvements and innovation
- Foster and drive good software quality management practices
- Plan, identify, hire and develop employees with the skills needed by the team. Develop technical leadership and engineering competencies within the team
- Be a direct manager of scrum team members
- Participate in feature discussions, high-level analysis and planning, oversee high level architecture design
- Working closely with Product Managers, UX and Architects to understand software requirements and business needs.
- Ensure that the product delivers compelling features with great usability
- Working with DevOps and support to guarantee seamless product deployment and continuity
- Ensure that quality and efficiency are top priorities of the engineering team
- Communicate with other engineering teams, help them with on-boarding and usage of common component
- Be self-driven, with a focus on achieving team goals and overall project delivery milestones
What can make you stand out:
- Previous experience as an Engineering Manager (or similar role)
- Leadership skills necessary to manage and develop a team
- Organizational competencies and project management skills to keep projects, processes, and the entire engineering team on track
- Interpersonal communication skills with expertise in distilling complicated topics to a broader audience
- Demonstrated proficiency in multiple areas of programming (e.g.web development, concurrency, design patterns, etc.)
- Excellent communications skills, good attitude and a friendly personality
- Understanding of source control concepts and tools (Git or similar)
- Familiar with Agile methodology
Nice to Have:
- An understanding of Microsoft ASP.NET and Angular
- Experience running systems in AWS EKS
What we offer:
- A flexible hybrid approach to working from home/office
- Total commitment to providing an inclusive and supportive working environment
- 33 days annual leave plus paid voluntary days
- A culture that encourages personal growth and ongoing learning
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Private Medical Insurance, Life Insurance 4 X base salary and an employee assistance programme
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Matched pension contribution scheme
How to apply
Apply at the link below.