You will be expected to take on the responsibility for the ongoing management of the infrastructure services that power the Lenus Health platform and you will play a key part in the design and implementation of new infrastructure to support our ever evolving product and technology stack.
About the role
Lenus Health platform and products support development teams across the NHS and wider health service industries to implement and deploy services to support clinicians and patients managing long term conditions remotely.
Within this role you will be expected to provide infrastructure support to our operations team as well as work within our delivery teams to architect, design and implement Azure based infrastructure using “infrastructure as code” and automation via scripted processes. You will work directly with our product and technical teams and will champion the use of Azure based technology and services, using best practices methods to delivery secure, reliable and maintainable infrastructure environments.
We have objectives and ambitions to scale and innovate your existing platform and product infrastructure to use the latest Azure services and technology, leading to the expansion of our offering across the UK and Europe and in support of this we are looking to expand our cloud infrastructure team to support this growth.
This role is expected to see the successful candidate split their time approximately:
- 50% implementing, refactoring and improving infrastructure templates, scripts and pipelines
- 25% contributing to system and solution design and ensuring the highest levels of information and infrastructure security is maintained
- 15% support activities ensuring infrastructure is fully operational and taking preventative or corrective action to improve our overall availability
- 10% Research and development into new and upcoming infrastructure services, practices and techniques
We are seeking someone with a passion for the work they do, someone who always strives to overcome mediocre and deliver the best solution possible. You will have a proven track record as an cloud infrastructure engineer or architect working daily to provision and manage Azure cloud services in a senior or lead role. You will be comfortable dealing within highly secure, complex infrastructure and be able to articulate complex infrastructure services and deployment techniques to both technical and non-technical colleagues.
You will share our opinion that provisioning and managing cloud infrastructure is an engineering discipline, where best practices, automated and repeatable processes are key to success. You will strive to achieve consistently high quality solutions with a “secure by default” mindset.
We are looking for individuals who are:
- enthusiastic and motivated, with a desire for constant learning
- a great communicator and natural collaborator and problem solver
- intrigued by the potential of digital health solutions
- willing to offer an opinion or critique in a constructive manner
What you'll do
As a growing start-up your responsibilities will be wide-ranging, challenging but ultimately very rewarding. You will initially work closely with our CTO with responsibilities related to cloud infrastructure transitioning to you over time. You will have the opportunity to champion the use of Azure cloud services, especially PaaS (platform as a service) technology, providing digital healthcare solutions to clinicians and patients.
To this end we are seeking someone who:
- Is able to oversee infrastructure activities for our platform and products
- Has demonstrable, hands-on experience designing and provisioning infrastructure on the Azure cloud platform for highly sensitive and secured workloads, including but not limited to:
- Azure Active Directory
- App Service Environment (v2+)
- App Service
- Azure SQL Database/ Azure Storage / Cosmos DB
- Virtual Networking and designing secure network topologies
- Application Gateway and Web Application Firewall
- Azure API Management
- Has experience designing fault tolerant and redundant infrastructure solutions in support of business continuity and disaster recovery planning
- Understands information security, and can design solutions and services with security controls embedded, specifically engineered as mitigation against security threats
- Is able to deploy Azure services using infrastructure as code techniques:
- PowerShell(or similar) scripting
- Templated solution deployment, we use Bicep and ARM but are familiar with other approaches (Terraform or Pulumi for example)
- Is comfortable with Azure DevOps and is able to source control their work and implement pipelines to manage build and release processes for their implementation
- Can communicate and document their work for seniorstakeholders and knowledge transfer to other team members
- Is able to ensure infrastructure is cost optimised for the expected workload through communication with our engineering and product teams
- Identify opportunities for infrastructure and process improvementsacross our platform and product stack
Experience with the following would be a bonus:
- Experience developing business continuity and disaster recovery plans and ensuring the reliability and robustness of our platform and products
- Worked for companies or clients in regulated industries such as healthcare within the UK or Europe
- Knowledge of network topologies suitable and common within complex infrastructure solutions
- Experienced in configuration of monitoring and telemetry collection and alerting for Azure infrastructure
- Azure cloud data and machine learning services such as:
- Azure Synapse/Data Factory
- Azure Machine Learning Workspaces
How to apply
To apply for the Senior Azure Cloud Infrastructure Engineer role please apply at the link below.