TravelNest is an Edinburgh founded travel-tech startup. We help Owners of holiday vacation rental properties maximise their performance in a global Guest market. Today with our platform a Host can upload their property details once and be advertised for bookings across 30+ top travel sites including Airbnb, Booking.com, and Expedia.
Our ambition is to become the place a Host markets and manages their property. Providing everything from channel listings, to operational services, to facilitating direct bookings. A “super app” for vacation rental owners.
Considering our plans to span across multiple individual product verticals to provide a compound and complementary experience, building a cohesive and pleasant to use product suite is going to be a fun challenge.
Our team is currently working remotely due to Covid 19. We have recently hired fully remote employees throughout the UK and as we scale we endeavor to have a hybrid remote working environment.
About the role
Joining our scaling Engineering org you’ll work in an autonomous cross-functional team with Designers and Product Managers. You’ll participate across the full product lifecycle, from inception to release and iteration plus have input into how Engineering operates and scales.
You’ll help turn problems into potential solutions and sliced value driven deliverables. As Engineers we take responsibility for testing, deploying and monitoring the services we build. We practice continuous delivery to production with safety through code review, automated tests, and alerts.
We don’t mind what your current tech stack is, we're looking for people who enjoy solving problems and can upskill on our stack quickly.
We use the tools and languages that best help us solve our customers’ problems. Today we have a microservice architecture consisting of both front-end (React with Redux) and back-end (Python and Node.js) components. All hosted in AWS and utilizing Lambda, Fargate and other AWS-native approaches/products. React Native app experience would be desirable.
As a senior engineer you'll also have input into enabling other engineers around you, whether that be through line management, technical mentorship or setting clear pathways and standards for others. You will also have the opportunity to help us scale our engineering function through hiring for future engineering talent.
We have created an open and collaborative culture with a supportive team. We regularly come together to discuss technical ideas, share knowledge, and hold retrospectives to discuss how we can improve.
What we're looking for
- Experience in leading the delivery of larger projects and potentially line management
- Demonstrable programming experience in cross-functional teams
- Experience working in high autonomy (and ambiguity) environments
- Strong communication skills and an appetite to collaborate across the business
- You’re pragmatic, favoring narrow scope and frequent iteration
- Customer-centric, you want to solve real problems for real people
- We’re at the start of an exciting journey, there are huge opportunities to shape the future of the company together
- We offer great benefits: An attractive salary, stock in the company, remote working and unlimited holiday leave
- The chance to solve new challenges all day, every day you will collaborate to innovate and adapt new ideas
- A great working environment and the opportunity to grow our product and business together we work in a fast paced and friendly environment
- Our team are currently working remotely due to the Covid 19 pandemic and are open to remote candidates
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability or age.
How to apply
Our Application process:
Applying is really easy through this advert by clicking on the link below and uploading your CV. We are not looking for perfect CV’s, if you like the sound of us send it in!
We will then contact you for an informal chat, followed by a couple of rounds of culture and technical interviews to get to know you better. We aim to make our recruitment process fun and a snapshot into our culture and what it's like to work here. We know interviews can be scary and often not fun so if you take the time to come and meet us, we will aim to put you at ease!