🔭 Our vision Rooser is on a mission to reduce the amount of waste from seafood that is caught and harvested from our oceans. Founded by industry experts, we come from a world that still uses the fax machine, along with WhatsApp, email and phone calls to trade over 130 commodity seafood products on a daily basis and in real-time.
Our solution is simple: become the largest facilitator in the seafood industry, connecting both buyers and sellers through our sales and stock management tools and online marketplace. Achieving this will mean seafood commodity information will be transparently communicated for the first time ever, and with seafood flowing more efficiently through the supply chain, there will be increased shelf life and therefore less waste.
With backing from Index Ventures (Etsy, Farfetch and Just Eat), Google Ventures (Uber, Stripe, StockX) and Point Nine Capital (Zendesk, DeliveryHero, Revolut), we’re not alone in believing in this vision.
🏅 What we value Rooser was founded on the idea that we should leave the planet in a better way than it was given to us. We want to work with people who have the same values we do.
You’re the Skipper: We all own a part of Rooser and act like it.
Be a Salmon: Salmon are mavericks. We’re ready to swim against the current, focus on the goal & get it done.
Humble & respectful: We facilitate seafood trading, not disrupt.
👤 The role We are scaling our Engineering function into multiple squads and so are looking for an experienced, capable Engineering Manager to join us and help guide and support our Engineers.
💪 What will you be doing?
- Overseeing our sprint processes, taking ownership of the quality and reliability of what is released
- Line managing and mentoring Engineers to ensure they are happy, productive and progressing in their careers
- Ensuring there is a constant focus on delivering reliable, performant features which will delight our users
- Collaborating with other disciplines to understand what needs to be delivered and when, them distilling this for your team members to comprehend easily
- Surfacing and analysing metrics to identify areas for improvement
🛠️ What you need to bring
- Experience of full stack web development (we use React and Laravel)
- Solid communication skills - with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Knowledge of best practices and industry standards
👌 What does the ideal profile look like?
- You’ve got the technical chops to understand the complexities of what is being delivered and if need be, can roll up your sleeves and deliver code yourself
- You are passionate about supporting your colleagues to succeed and guiding them to fulfil their full potential
- Experience of technical delivery in a variety of team setups
- Passionate and driven to make a difference
- Honest and humble, this is no place for big egos
- Can deliver effectively in your field whilst constantly looking to improve yourself
- Speaks fluent English
- Based in the UK and able to regularly join us in our offices in London or Edinburgh
🧁 What’s in it for you?
- Join an ambitious startup, working alongside fun and passionate people and making a real difference by helping reduce the amount of seafood waste in our oceans.
- Enjoy a combination of remote working and seeing your crewmates face-to-face in our modern office spaces.
- Competitive salary, equity and benefits package.
At Rooser we strongly value the unique perspectives and insights that come from a team of diverse individuals, and so welcome and encourage applicants from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Apply at the link below.