Rooser is on a mission to reduce the amount of waste from seafood that is caught and harvested from our oceans. Founded by industry experts, we come from a world that still uses the fax machine, along with WhatsApp, email and phone calls to trade over 130 commodity seafood products on a daily basis and in real-time.
Our solution is simple: become the largest facilitator in the seafood industry, connecting both buyers and sellers through our sales and stock management tools and online marketplace. Achieving this will mean seafood commodity information will be transparently communicated for the first time ever, and with seafood flowing more efficiently through the supply chain, there will be increased shelf life and therefore less waste.
With backing from Index Ventures (Etsy, Farfetch and Just Eat), Google Ventures (Uber, Stripe, StockX) and Point Nine Capital (Zendesk, DeliveryHero, Revolut), we’re not alone in believing in this vision.
🏅 What we value Rooser was founded on the idea that we should leave the planet in a better way than it was given to us. We want to work with people who have the same values we do.
You’re the Skipper: We all own a part of Rooser and act like it.
Be a Salmon: Salmon are mavericks. We’re ready to swim against the current, focus on the goal & get it done.
Humble & respectful: We facilitate seafood trading, not disrupt.
👤 The role
We’re now at a stage where we’re scaling fast and want to continue to develop an amazing product that delivers value to everyone who touches it. Therefore we are now hiring for an experienced Front End Engineer to come and join our Product Engineering team.
You will be responsible for far more than just writing code, by working alongside other Engineers, Designers and Product Managers to understand, plan and implement solutions to our user’s problems as effectively as possible.
💪 What will you be doing?
- Helping capture requirements and understand the problem space in order to architect and plan upcoming work
- Building efficient, scalable and reusable technical solutions
- Maintaining and enhancing our automated test suites
- Participating in reviewing the quality of your peers’ work
- Contributing to standards, processes and adoption of new tools
- Improving performance and security within our platform
- Breaking down and solving big problems
- Continuing to improve our design system and library of UI components
- Ensuring our interfaces working smoothly across platforms and devices
- Encouraging good front end performance and security practices
🛠️ Our tech stack
- Front-end - React and Tailwind
- Back-end - PHP and Laravel
- Hosting - AWS
- Automated testing - Cypress, Jest, PHPUnit
👌 What does the ideal profile look like?
- Over five years industry experience ideally working on SAAS or marketplace products
- Comfortable with the fast-paced environment of a start-up
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and across disciplines
- Passionate and driven to make a difference
- Honest and humble, this is no place for big egos
- A proven expert in your field but constantly looking to improve yourself
- Speaks fluent English
- Based in the UK and able to regularly join us in our offices in London or Edinburgh
🧁 What’s in it for you?
- Join an ambitious startup, working alongside fun and passionate people and making a real difference by helping reduce the amount of seafood waste in our oceans.
- Enjoy a combination of remote working and seeing your crewmates face-to-face in our modern office spaces.
- Competitive salary, equity and benefits package.
At Rooser we strongly value the unique perspectives and insights that come from a team of diverse individuals, and so welcome and encourage applicants from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Apply at the link below