Are you our missing ingredient?
The Zonal group is one of the UK’s largest technology providers to the hospitality industry.
Our products are used by over 11,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels. Customers include national brands like Pizza Express, JD Wetherspoons and All Bar One.
If you’ve booked a table or hotel room, ordered and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out’s app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our modern head office in Edinburgh to our Division in Staffordshire, or our Innovation Centre in Abingdon and hotel management solutions base in Cardiff.
We offer remote working within the UK. We also reward our staff well with very competitive salaries, generous holiday allocation and well-structured career development plans.
What you’ll do
As an Android Developer you will a part of will be cross functional team, comprising of Developers, Test Engineers and Business Analysts. You will be a fully hands on member of the team.
Day-to-day responsibilities will be:
- Designing and building applications for the Android platform
- Maintaining and improving code quality
- Identifying and correcting bottlenecks in the delivery process
- Collaborating with the team to define, design and ship new features and new apps as required
- Ensuring the performance, quality and responsiveness of applications
Who you are
- Ideally you will have 2+ years’ commercial experience of developing apps within a development team environment
- Experience of integrating with RESTful APIs & Android UI design principles, patterns and best practice
- Experience in programming in Java, Kotlin, Android Studio, gradle and other IDE tools
- Experience of Android SDK, different versions of Android and how to deal with screen size differences
- Experience of working and performance tuning SQLite queries
- Knowledge and experience of Git and version control
- Experience in publishing to the Google Play Store
- Experience with offline storage, threading and performance tuning
- Successful use of software development methodologies and processes such as TDD, BDD, CI and CD
What we value
Passion, Teamwork, Innovation and Professionalism are the values we believe make us the company we are. We’re looking for someone who understands great culture and will help us shape it as it evolves.
We are going on an exciting journey and we need more like-minded travellers to help us get there!
If this sounds like you then we would love to hear from you!
How to apply
Apply at the link below.