Speech Graphics’ technology automates facial animation processes by interpreting emotional content in the voice, to drive detailed models of the muscle systems involved in speech.The software is used to great effect in the video games industry, saving studios significant time, effort and money in realizing the highest quality output for premium titles such as ‘Halo Infinite’, ‘The Last of Us Part II’ and ‘Marvel Avengers'. Now, the product suite is expanding to serve a number of enterprise applications in the metaverse using avatars and digital characters, from sales to service to healthcare, under the banner of ‘Rapport’. Demand for our products and services is growing rapidly, and so must our team.
As the most advanced, and most natural way to interact with an animated AI or character, we continue to disrupt the traditional animation industry. You can find more here: https://rapport.cloud/solutions/gaming/
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate is passionate about creating elegant and maintainable solutions to a range of complex problems.
You have a knack for picking up new technologies quickly and identifying and implementing the most relevant ones.
You know how to self-motivate to deliver on time, while also collaborating and communicating effectively. You have a thirst for knowledge and are looking to grow your career in a fast-paced start-up.
As a Software Engineer within the "core" team you will have the opportunity to work with and learn a large range of technologies and tools. The core engineering team is responsible for internal and external projects consisting of desktop, CLI and web tools as well as C++/C libraries. Our problem space offers many technical challenges in areas such as performance optimisation, realtime, cross platform compatibility, algorithms and data structures, code architecture, test automation and CI/CD. Within your first few months working in our team you will have the opportunity to work across our entire stack, from profiling code on games consoles to designing and implementing compilation pipelines in the cloud. Over time you will grow to take ownership over some of our projects and have the opportunity to further drive their development.
- Proficiency in C++ and build systems (CMake)
- Experience in compiling code on various operating systems (Linux, Windows, OSX)
- Experience in scripting and automation using Python and Bash
- Experience with continuous integration tools (i.e. Jenkins)
- Proficiency with Git
- Good problem solving and debugging skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work within a team
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- An interest in DevOps
These skills would give you a head start in our team, but can also be learned on the job.
- Experience working with Containers (i.e. Docker)
- Mobile software development (Android or iOS)
- Exposure to AWS services and infrastructure-as-code principles
- Experience with games console development:
- XBox One / Series X
- Nintendo Switch
- Familiarity with C++ in the context of
- Qt application development
- Understanding of Asymmetric Cryptography
- Understanding of Graphics Programming
This position will join an incredibly talented and diverse workforce as part of a pioneering and visionary technology start-up. In return you can expect:
- 28 days holiday, plus additional time off over the festive period
- Budget towards improving your home set up (we will provide devices and equipment required for you role, this budget can be used to make your home set up more comfortable)
- Optional private healthcare
- Annual Learning and Development budget
- Anonymous health and wellbeing platform
- Flexible/remote working options
We are currently working remotely and interviews will take place via Zoom/Video call. We are in the process of securing a new Edinburgh-based office which will be available for use once completed.
(Although we take a flexible approach to remote working, there will be occasions where travel to our HQ or core locations is expected - please take this into consideration when applying!)
Diversity is something we value at Speech Graphics, with 14 different nationalities represented and a third of the positions in our company being held by women.
We value our staff and treat everyone with respect and without discrimination. We are committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce and eliminating unlawful discrimination. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from a diverse and multicultural workforce.
Please note this is a UK based role and applicants will require legal right to work in the UK.
How to apply
Apply at the link below.