We’re a leading online reviews platform, free and open to all. Our mission is to be a universal symbol of trust. We are well on our way - but there’s still an exciting journey ahead of us. Do you want to join us?
We are looking for a talented Staff Engineer to join our consumer-focused efforts. We’re investing heavily in our public facing website (trustpilot.com) and want to use it to continuously solve the biggest problems in online trust.
To help us achieve our ambitious goals, we need a strong engineer with solid experience in web technologies. We’re looking for a deep understanding of HTTP, web server technologies, cache strategies, CDNs and knowledge of trade-offs between different ways to deliver web content (server side render, static sites, web apps). To succeed in this role you should also be able to communicate trade-offs and facilitate effective team collaboration to achieve goals.
In this role you will:
- Work closely with the consumer facing engineering teams serving as a technical authority on web engineering
- Closely align with Principal engineers and other staff engineers to ensure the overall technical strategy is adhered to
- Confidently articulate the benefits of proposed technical solutions and approaches to teams, ensuring buy-in and helping engineers to upskill where needed
- Continually ensure you have an up-to-date knowledge of techniques, platforms, tools, and frameworks that are relevant to the tools and systems domain and work towards their adoption
- Identify emerging technologies or applications and the opportunities to integrate them into our operations and activities
- Identify opportunities and implement best practices to continuously improve our existing engineering capabilities
- Contribute to the overall technology strategy led by the Principal engineers
- Promote a culture of quality, design excellence and continuous improvement
- Mentor engineers focused on growing their architecture thinking capabilities focused on performance, cost, scalability and maintenance
We are looking for people with:
- A strong technical foundation gained in a lead engineering/architect role with proven experience in designing, developing and operating web services at scale
- Significant experience with AWS or similar cloud providers
- A data-driven mindset, someone who takes pride in the observability of the systems they build so that informed decisions can be made
- Proven experience implementing modern web applications on a Node.js stack
- A history of championing engineering best practices (CI/CD, observability, configuration management, test automation), security, scalability and performance concerns
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills, combined with the ability to present your ideas clearly and compellingly in both verbal and written form
- Ability to confidently arrive at a decision by weighing up and understanding the trade-offs between multiple potential approaches, acting as the final decision maker when necessary
- Strong organizational and planning skills, with the ability to manage their own workload and that of others within sometimes tight timescales
- Experience of managing multiple streams of contribution
- Ability to work as part of a team involving multiple locations and time zones
- "20% time" - be the most innovative you can be and work on anything you like!
- A key part of an exciting international growth journey
- Work with and learn from an experienced leadership team to further develop your career
- A flexible work environment that puts people at its core
- A generous training budget
- Two (paid) volunteering days a year to spend your time giving back to the causes that matter to you and your community
Some of the technologies and services we use:
- AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Docker, ECS, Lambda, SNS, SQS, Step Functions, and more
- Trello (for all project management, and a lot of other things), Git, GitHub, Confluence
- Machine Learning, AI, Google TensorFlow, BigQuery, Kafka, Airflow
- TypeScript, Python
- MongoDB, DynamoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch
- Emotion, Styled Components, CSS Modules, Sass
- Next.js, React, Redux
- Salesforce, Segment, Hubspot, Totango, Customer.io
At Trustpilot, we’re passionate about our mission to offer a free and open to all review platform, built on collaboration. For consumers, we’re a place to connect with and influence businesses. For companies, we’re a platform for progress; a way to improve and innovate by engaging and collaborating with consumers. Working here is an opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated people in a rapidly growing, fast-paced and agile environment.
With vibrant office locations all around the world and over 40 nationalities, we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace with diverse perspectives and ideas. We work hard every day, but we also take the time to catch up with colleagues over a game of ping-pong, a cup of coffee or maybe grab a beer after work.
Trustpilot is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Trustpilot is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Trustpilot are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Trustpilot will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Trustpilot encourages applicants of all ages.
How to apply
To apply for the role please click the link below to send us your resume. If you have any questions feel free to reach out to Michael at email@example.com