The VAULT team has deep expertise building social mobile applications, and is bringing that expertise to building the next generation of fan interaction through NFTs
We Focus on Culture First
As an experienced team that’s been through a number of startups, we want to develop a great working culture, where above all else it’s a fun place to work. We pride ourselves on doing amazing work and working hard, but also enjoying ourselves along the way. Not only do we focus on learning with each release, we also focus on self-improvement, building on our past experiences and learning from our peers. We all bring unique views to the table and enjoy collaborating together to break new barriers.
How We Work
We're a small, close-knit team that moves quickly. We work in two week sprints with clear goals and metrics to aim towards across our native iOS, Android and Web applications. We experiment towards success. But we get there as a team. It’s a highly collaborative effort, with everyone having a voice that’s heard. Our engineers are as comfortable having product vision discussions as they are diving into code.
Not only do our engineers work towards delivering features, they also work closely alongside our Designers and Product Owners to come up with ideas that help move us forward (we allocate engineering time to discovery as well as delivery and we make sure engineering is involved as early as possible in the discussions).
What We're Looking For
As a key senior hire for our engineering team, you’ll be responsible for concepting, building new features, squashing bugs, architecting cleaner code, and working with the team to build and define our backend architecture from the ground up.
You’ll love this role if:
- You thrive in a highly-collaborative, agile team
- You enjoy the flexibility to learn and work with new technologies to solve problems
- You work hard, but you know it’s important to have fun while you do so
- You take full ownership of your work and drive it through to an end solution
- You realise your first idea isn’t always your best idea and that great solutions come from iteration
- You have great empathy for our end-users, and understand the value of good design
- You're keen to be an early member of a startup where you’ll get the rare opportunity to help shape the company and influence the overall direction of the product from the outset
Some qualifications you may have (we’re not strict here):
- A formal education in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Experience in building high performance, highly scalable, fault tolerant systems in the capacity of an Architect or Engineer
- Understanding of application architecture and design patterns
- You are pragmatic and don't overdo abstraction, testing, and processes, but you understand the value and trade-offs
- A good knowledge of NoSQL databases
- Experience of a wide range of systems to help with choosing the right tool for the job
- Knowledge or experience building feeds and social networks
- Experience with infrastructure & dev ops
- Knowledge of blockchains
Some of our employee benefits include:
- Remote working (we’ll bring you to Edinburgh for important workshops)
- Flexible work hours - we don’t focus on 9-5, you know when you work best
- The very best equipment and software (PC or Mac, monitor, accessories etc)
- Full holiday allowance (24 days + bank holidays)
- Highly competitive salary
- Equity in a new startup with a highly experienced team
- 5% pension contribution
- Professional and personal development - we have a healthy budget for training, conferences, online tutorials and anything else that helps you progress
You’ll also get:
- 10% time to play around with new concepts and new software
- Regular all-in hack days to experiment with new code and new ideas
- Product, Design and Engineering all in one place for easy collaboration A fun place to work!
- We work hard but we also enjoy ourselves
- No hierarchy or politics, just good work with passionate, smart people
- To work alongside the best designers and engineers in the industry
How to apply
Apply at the link below.
If you don’t tick all of the points above but you’re passionate about the role then just let us know, we’re keen to hear from you and we recognise that your CV is only one small part of the picture. We’re keen to build a team that’s diverse and welcome varied backgrounds and experiences.
You’ll get bonus points for sending through links to prototypes, code or links to apps you’ve built.
If this sounds like a place where you can achieve your best work then we’d love to hear from you!